1. Will you support federal legislation giving
parents the right to stop any
abortion from being performed on their minor
daughter, except to save the
life of the mother?
2. Will you support requiring a 48-hour
cooling off period, and mandatory
counseling on the risks and consequences of
abortion for persons who
believe they may want to have an abortion?
3. Will you vote to require that abortion
providers provide the mother with the
opportunity to see an ultrasound image of her
child before the abortion takes
4. Will you support legislation to outlaw
so-called sex selection abortions?
5. Would you vote to prohibit the U.S.
government from granting any public
funds to groups that recommend or perform
abortions in the United States or
6. Should the federal government bar the
distribution of home abortion drugs
like RU-486 and ella?
7. Will you support nominees to the United
States Supreme Court and the
lower federal courts who will uphold the
constitutional right to life of every
human person, born and unborn?
8. Will you support legislation which, under
Article III, Section 2 of the
U.S. Constitution, would remove from the federal
over the question of abortion?
9. Would you support and cosponsor a Life at
Conception Act defining
that life begins at the moment of conception
thereby resolving for all
time, as stated by the Supreme Court in Roe v.
Wade, the difficult question
of when life begins?
10. Will you support an amendment to the U.S.
Constitution banning abortion
except to save the life of the mother?
Only Jeff Bell, Republican candidate for U.S.
and Scott Garret, Representative from District 5,
agreed to support all ten of these statements on
reverence for life.