Clicky

1863

The First Presbyterian Church of East Orange was organized in 1863 (July 21st) and dedicated in 1864. The above postcard photo was taken in 1907. It is also known as the Munn Avenue Presbyterian Church. The Andrew Reasoner Memorial Chapel, shown on the far left, was built later and dedicated in 1902.

This is the church as it appeared in 2009 for our Centennial Calendar of Churches.

Today it is known as Grace Apostolic Church and celebrates its history with a Church Family Reunion in July, as well as celebrating the 83rd birthday of their Pastor, Bishop Ronnie Amos. The Church can be found on our Historic Map of East Orange HERE.

Back to Interactive Timeline